Educate Our State is a grassroots, parent-led organization educating and uniting Californians to advocate for systemic change that will provide all students with a high-quality public education.
Campaign Platform Overview
California is falling drastically behind in every educational measure for student success including: test scores, dropout rates, funding per pupil, and teacher-student ratios. California is failing its children; the time for change is now.
The current public education system in California is broken. We believe the fundamental building blocks outlined below are essential for an effective, high-quality K-12 education.
Superior Educators: Highly effective, inspirational teachers, principals and staff:
- Attracting top graduates to teaching
- Assessments of staff based on student outcomes, not just years of service
- Provide teacher professional development and training
Logical, Sufficient and Stable Education Funding:
- Logical and fair funding based on the students’ needs, not where they live
- Locally-controlled funding with transparency and accountability
- Enough money for schools based on calculations by education experts
- Stable funding schools can count on, without yearly changes
Engaging and Stimulating Instruction and Curriculum:
- Standards-based instruction that engages students
- Teaching skills necessary for success in the workplace of tomorrow
- Useful and timely student assessments
To view our detailed Campaign Platform with references, click here.
We continuously monitor ideas to improve education and make adjustment to our platform as needed.