We have an opening for two fall interns to join our team. This will be an unpaid opportunity, but will provide the opportunity for you to learn (and use) your valuable organizing and event planning skills, gain priceless experience, build the political will to repair California’s broken education system, and attend our in person meeting in Oakland September 22, our Fall Luncheon October 23rd in San Francisco and our Fall Conference in Los Angeles the weekend of November 8-10.
Not to mention work with some fun and engaged people committed to helping move California’s public education system from worst to first!
We are looking for two interns who can commit to at least 15 hours/week from late Aug-November (further opportunities available at that time). Some of your responsibilities may include:
• Recruitment/ advertising/follow up for the event via social media/email/other avenues
• Help with Chapter Development Toolkit - use tools we have and chapter learnings to help put together a welcome packet for new chapters, as well as tools for engagement/requirements/etc
• Curriculum and collateral assistance; drafting event-related materials; proofreading
• Assist Project Manager with overall oversite of event
• Assist with logistics at events (from check-in to wrap-up)
• Assist with post-event communications
• Assist manager of wiki conference site
• Participate in program brainstorming sessions and log notes
• Work with development staff on proposals/collateral for meetings for prospects
• Ensure copies of relevant materials are ready for distribution
Other activities may include:
• Research partner events and suggest participation to staff
• Attend community events as an Educate Our State representative (with others)
• Work with college campuses to develop partnerships; build on existing relationships
• Other database tasks as required/assigned
• Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
You should be self-motivated, dependable, adept with Microsoft Office, well-written and spoken, punctual, energetic, thorough, friendly, and passionate about education. Any experience with local organizing or event planning a plus, but interest at least as important as we have that experience.
To apply, please send a PDF of a letter of interest and your resume to: Katherine Welch ([email protected]). Thank you so much.
- Compensation: Unpaid with pre-approved expense reimbursement.
- This is a non-profit organization.
- This is an internship job.